Policies : Internet Access Policy
The Andover Public Library offers access to the Internet via the Ohio Public Library Information Network (OPLIN). Through OPLIN, the Library expands its reference/information services by providing access to worldwide resources. Blocking software is in place to provide some filtering of the Internet on terminals used by children. Patrons are encouraged to use the Internet for informational, educational, and recreational needs while following these guidelines:
- Users must be able to demonstrate computer skills.
- Use of the Internet workstation will be limited to 15-30 minutes depending on demand. It will be accessed on a first come, first served basis.
- Educational use of the computers will have priority over recreational use.
- Computers may not be used for unauthorized, illegal, or unethical purposes.
- Users will not send, receive, or display text/graphics, which may be reasonably construed as obscene.
- Users will not attempt to modify, alter, or damage the software and equipment.
- Adults MUST ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY for themselves and their minor children's activities when accessing the Internet.
FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THE ABOVE RULES AND REGULATIONS WILL RESULT IN THE LOSS OF INTERNET PRIVILEGES
Approved Andover Public Library Board of Trustees June 12, 2008