Share a book with Dad this Father’s Day!
June 16, 2020 by Maria Firkaly
If you plan on celebrating a dad this coming Father’s Day, we put together some great books to share. Some are available in print from our library shelves. (Call us to pick one up curbside! 440-293-6792) Others are available as e-books or audio books on our Libby app. As always if you need any help, let us know.
Featured Children’s Book
When mommy is away, it’s up to daddy to do his daughter’s hair in this ode to self-confidence and the love between fathers and daughters from former NFL wide receiver Matthew A. Cherry and New York Times bestseller Vashti Harrison.
Also, check out the Oscar winning short film based on the story on Youtube. https://youtu.be/kNw8V_Fkw28
Available In Print
- Because I’m Your Dad by Ahmet Zappa
The son of an unconventional father promises a similar childhood for his newborn.
- A Special Day with Dad by Natalie Shaw
With her mom taking her brothers to a soccer game, Olivia and her dad get to spend a whole day together.
- I Love Dad: With the Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
The very hungry caterpillar shows appreciation, and love, for all the things fathers do for their children.
- A Father’s Day Thank You by Janet Nolan
Harvey the bear searches for the perfect Father’s Day present and decides that thanking his dad is the best gift of all.
Digital Children’s Books
- Dad By My Side by Soosh Libby e-book
- Weekends with Max and His Dad by Linda Urban Libby e-book
- Just Helping My Dad by Mercer Mayer Libby e-book
- Bad Dad by David Williams Libby e-book
Fun Books for Dad
- Are You Turning Into Your Dad? By Joseph Piercy Libby e-book
Are You Turning into Your Dad? will help you determine whether or not you are actually turning into your dad (answer: probably) — and whether the trappings of middle age are the ultimate in lame or rites of comfort that may be worth embracing.
- The Ultimate Book of Dad Jokes by Gordon Hideaki Nagai Libby e-book
A massive collection of laughable, cheesy jokes perfect for amusing dads while slightly embarrassing the kids.
- Dad Hacks: Helpful Hints to Make Life Easier by Dan Marshall Libby e-book
The author of Life Hacks returns with this indispensable, fully illustrated manual—featuring 112 ingenious yet simple tricks, shortcuts, and ideas—every dad needs to solve a host of everyday annoyances and dilemmas.