Brenda A. Merrill Meeting Room Usage Policy
The Andover Public Library provides meeting room(s) for library sponsored or co-sponsored programs which meet the library’s civic, informational, cultural, educational and recreational service goals. When the room(s) is not in use for library sponsored activities, it is made available to local community organizations and committees on a first come basis under the following guidelines approved by the Board of Trustees:
THE LIBRARY BOARD OF TRUSTEES NEITHER APPROVES NOR DISAPPROVES OF CONTENT, TOPIC, SUBJECT MATTER, POINTS OF VIEW OF INDIVIDUALS OR GROUPS USING THE MEETING ROOM(S).
- Generally, the meeting room(s) is available free of charge Monday – Friday, 8 AM-10 PM, Saturday, 9 AM-5 PM. Maximum seating capacity of room is 60.
- An application for use of the Brenda Merrill Room must be filled out 3 weeks prior to the meeting date and the director of Andover Public Library will mail final written approval to you.
- All scheduled meeting sessions lasting longer than four consecutive weeks (within one month) will be subject to rescheduling when they conflict with library programming. The director reserves the right to limit meetings of any group if they are too numerous to be fair to other groups also desiring to use the room(s).
- A group must advertise its meeting if the meeting is for the general public.
- Room(s) is not available for use by any individual or organization (unless library sponsored) that charges a fee.
- Meeting room(s) is designed for changing non-library related events open to diverse groups and cannot be reserved exclusively for exhibition or display purposes for more the one day.
- The meeting room(s) must be left or returned to its original condition. Simple refreshments may be served provided users bring their own supplies and utensils. The group will be charged for all damages beyond normal wear and tear of the room(s), furniture and equipment.
- The library reserves the right to discontinue use of the meeting room(s) by any individual or group which disturbs the usual operation and/or proceedings of the library, or in any manner does not comply with the requirements stated in this policy/application.
- Any children accompanying an adult to a meeting room function must be supervised by an adult anywhere on the premises at all times.
- Smoking is prohibited.
Revised: July 6, 1992
Revised: February 4, 1997
Revised: April 6, 1998
Revised: September 8, 1998